Physical therapy in Laval, Saint-Jérôme and Saint-Sauveur
At Physio Élite, we have made it our mission to free you of the pain that impedes you from leading an active life and realizing your full potential. We pursue this mission each and every day with a team of 14 physical therapists who are trained in manual therapy and a number of other specialties. Are you wondering if physical therapy can help you? We’ll be happy to answer your questions. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our three clinics specializing in physical therapy and sports medicine, located in Laval, Saint-Jérôme and Saint-Sauveur.
Can physical therapy help me?
If your pain or limitations hinder or prevent you from engaging in daily activities, participating in sports or performing your job, we can definitely improve the situation! The goal of physical therapy is to enable you to recover your physical capacities so you can resume all your normal activities. To accomplish this, our physical therapists rely on manual techniques, exercises, dry needling (similar to acupuncture) and Kinesio taping (the application of special tape on specific parts of the body).
What specifically can a physical therapist treat?
Physical therapists are qualified professionals who can help you develop a personalized exercise program that will improve your quality of life. They can treat a wide range of conditions, including musculoskeletal pain, problems with tendons and nerves, swelling, dizziness, numbness, headaches and even jaw problems! If you have questions or concerns, our team is always happy to advise you.
How do I make an appointment?
You don’t need a medical referral to schedule a consultation with us. You can call the clinic directly and make an appointment to see one of our physical therapists right away.
Is physical therapy covered by my insurance?
If you’re enrolled in a group insurance plan, it’s very likely that your physical therapy sessions will be covered. However, since there are different types of coverage, it’s recommended that you check with your insurance provider to confirm the details.
What are the treatments like?
The first appointment with your therapist will generally last one hour and will be devoted to evaluating your situation. The physical therapist will identify your problems and clarify your expectations with regard to the treatment. This meticulous evaluation will allow the therapist to present you with a personalized treatment plan to improve your condition. The following treatment sessions will be devoted to putting that treatment plan into practice. The physical therapist will proceed with manual mobilization and manipulation techniques. Kinesio taping and dry needling techniques may be used, as well. Your professional will also teach you certain exercises and offer you advice so you can continue your treatment between sessions.
One of our Physio Élite professionals can help you.
Cutting-edge physical therapy services
Our team can offer you a number of different services to meet your specific needs:
- Orthopedic manual therapy, for musculoskeletal conditions, can help reduce pain and restore mobility.
- Sports medicine physical therapy, for sports-related injuries, is an approach aimed at enabling the athlete to safely return to his or her discipline.
- Pediatric physical therapy helps facilitate the harmonious development of motor skills in babies, children and adolescents.
- Oncology physiotherapy can help diminish the effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy on the patient’s quality of life.
- Postoperative rehabilitation helps speed recovery and a return to normal activities following a surgical procedure.
- Postural assessment helps improve pain related to poor posture.
- Craniosacral therapy is used to treat certain problems related to the skull, such as headaches, Bell’s palsy and certain types of sciatica.
- Myofascial trigger point release chelps treat pain resulting from knots or blockages.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) treatment is helpful in certain cases of dizziness.
- Dry needling is used to treat musculoskeletal pain.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation helps men and women suffering from problems related to the pelvic region, including sexual dysfunction and difficulties following a pregnancy.
- Kinesio taping helps support an injured bodily structure, such as a muscle, in order to improve its positioning or limit its range of movement during an activity.
- Cerebral concussion and mild traumatic brain injury treatment consists of guiding and supporting the trauma victim in the gradual, structured return to his or her regular activities.
Testimonials from satisfied patients
5/5I’m very satisfied with the services I received. Thank you for the great care, advice and exercises!! – Pascal D. 5/5Excellent collaboration between therapists, good follow-up, personalized treatments. A team that makes an effort to give their best to the patient. – Valérie R. 5/5The quality of their services and treatment techniques are incomparable. As an instructor and owner of a yoga studio, I’ve recommended Physio Élite to several of my students. Always satisfied, without exception. – Connie C.